Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons of minced lemon grass
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons palm or brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla) 1⁄2 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce, preferably sambal oelek
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 12 green beans cut into 2 in pieces
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups red cabbage sliced into thin shreds/threads
- 4 Tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 4 Tablespoons finely chopped Thai basil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lime leaves thinly sliced
Dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the lemongrass, ginger, palm sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, and chili-garlic sauce. Gradually whisk together the ingredients for the Dressing.
Salad: Cook the beans in boiling water until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to an ice bath until cool. Drain and set aside.
Combine the reserved beans, coconut, cabbage, peanuts, fresh cilantro leaves, mint, Thai basil, onion, and lime leaves, in a large bowl. Add dressing, toss, divide the Salad evenly on 4 plates & top off with mint leaves as garnish. Serve immediately.